R. Lane Dossett—Hattiesburg native who finished first in his law school class and handled numerous jury and bench trials.
Call 601-544-6770 for civil litigation attorneys in Mississippi.
- Municipal & Government Defense
- Corporate Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Construction Litigation
- High Asset Divorce
- Class Actions
Admitted to practice:
- The Mississippi Bar (2008)
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, Appalachian School of Law (2008)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, magna cum laude, The University of Southern Mississippi (2005)
- The University of Southern Mississippi Honors College (2003-2005)
- The Mississippi Bar
- Mississippi Defense Lawyer’s Association (MDLA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- South Central Mississippi Bar Association
- The Mississippi Bar
- Past President, Hattiesburg Area Young Lawyer’s Association
- Associate Editor, Appalachian Journal of Law (2006-2007)
- Recipient of the Sutin-Blackwell Prize for Excellence
- Mississippi Defense Lawyer’s Trial Academy
- Board member, Mississippi Defense Lawyer’s Association
- United States Army JAG Intern
- Author: The Erosion of Governmental Discretionary Immunity under the Mississippi Tort Claims Act: Little’s Big Affect, Miss. Col. Law Rev. Vol 24 Issue 1
- Married to Rhea Dossett with three daughters, Abby, Aubrey, and Avery
- Member, Board of Trustees and Deacon at Main Street Baptist Church, Hattiesburg, MS
- Member Hattiesburg and Lamar County Ham Radio Club, Call Sign N5AAS
Ratings & Reviews
I had a great experience and I can't say thank you enough. I had a very difficult case to prove and in the end we came out on top. I really had a great experience with the entire team, and a special shout out to Mr. Clark and Alexa for ev...
Working with this firm was a pleasure. The lawsuit started in 2010 and ended in 2019. On the ups and downs that followed, this firm never said quit. They work hard and I was constantly updated. I have the greatest respect for each person wo...
Attorney Hicks and his staff are very professional folks that will go the distance of whatever it will takes to help you with your legal matters. They treated me as family and kept me informed of all matters within a very reasonable matter ...
Atty Clark Hicks is an amazing Attorney and he gets the job done no matter how big or small. He loves helping people and makes sure the clients are his number one priority. He loves Litigation and is very experienced in many industries. ...
Very professional, prompt, and continuous follow up on what was developing. I would highly recommend Mr. Hicks.